Paths Of Glory (1957) / Ærens Vei (UK-import) (BLU-RAY)
Stanley Kubrick directs this classic 1950s drama based on the true story of French soldiers who refused to go over the top to certain death in the First World War. The film, which is in turn based on the novelisation of the incident by Humphrey Cobb, stars Kirk Douglas as Colonel Dax, the leader of a group of soldiers who have already endured a great deal of horror in the trenches of France. When the vain and ambitious General Mireau (George Macready) orders Dax and his men to attack a well-fortified German position known as the Anthill, Dax informs him that the task is virtually impossible and will result in many deaths.
Desperate for promotion, Mireau insists that the attack proceeds and is outraged when the second wave of soldiers refuse to enter the battle after witnessing the slaughter of their comrades. When Mireau and his acolytes select three soldiers for court-martial as scapegoats for the rebellion, Dax - a lawyer during his civilian life - elects to defend the men from the charges himself.
|Spilletid||1 timer 28 minutter||Aldersgrense||12|
|Undertekster||Engelsk||Lydformater||Mono 1.0 (Engelsk)|
|Bildeformater||Sort/Hvitt, Widescreen 16:9||Regissør||Stanley Kubrick|
|Skuespillere||Adolphe Menjou, George Macready, Kirk Douglas||Bestillingsnummer||EKA70228|
|Serie||Eureka, Masters Of Cinema|
- High-definition digital presentation
- New video interview with Kubrick scholar Peter Kramer
- New video interview with filmmaker Richard Ayoade
- New audio commentary by film scholar Adrian Martin
- Original theatrical trailer
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Isolated music & effects track
- PLUS: A booklet featuring the words of Kubrick, and more!