Star Trek: The Original Series - The Roddenberry Vault (BLU-RAY)
During the shooting of Star Trek, bits and pieces of episodic footage were left on the cutting room floor and later preserved in film canisters by The Roddenberry Estate. Recognizing the value of the footage, CBS painstakingly catalogued, transferred, analyzed, and pieced together these Vault materials, which include alternate takes, deleted scenes, omitted dialogue, outtakes, and original visual FX elements.
Star Trek: The Original Series - The Roddenberry Vault includes twelve classic episodes chosen for their relevance to the Vault materials, and presented in 1080p High Definition with both DTS 7.1 Master Audio as well as newly restored original Mono. Eleven of these episodes contain isolated music tracks. Newly recorded audio commentaries appear on three fan-favorite episodes.
Each of the set's three discs features documentaries that weave together the previously unseen Vault materials with all-new interviews by key creative and production personnel and famous fans. The three new documentaries exploring the "making of" the celebrated series and its enduring legacy are:
- Inside The Roddenberry Vault Rod Roddenberry introduces viewers to the discovery of his father's long-lost Star Trek film reels. With footage from each of the 12 episodes, this three-part special feature offers a guided exploration into the historical significance of the newly discovered material through new interviews with dozens of Star Trek alumni and historians
- Star Trek: Revisiting A Classic offers a look back at the origins of the iconic series, including glimpses of life on the set with new interviews featuring guest stars, directors and production personnel.
- Strange New Worlds: Visualizing the Fantastic dives into the creation of spaceships, transporters, and the classic Star Trek visuals. The in-depth feature combines newly found original visual effects elements photography along with interviews with effects masters and Star Trek veterans such as Industrial Light & Magic founding member Richard Edlund, Doug Drexler, Dan Curry and Gary Hutzel.
|Sone||Sone B||Sjanger||Science Fiction, TV-serie|
|Undertekster||Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Norsk, Svensk||Lydformater||DTS HD (Engelsk)|
|Bildeformater||Fullscreen 4:3||Skuespillere||Grace Lee Whitney, Majel Barrett|
- Isolated Music Tracks on All Episodes
- New Audio Commentary by Dorothy "D.C." Fontana and Gabrielle Stanton on "This Side of Paradise"
- New Audio Commentary by Roger Lay Jr., Scott Mantz and Mark A. Altman on "The City on the Edge of Forever"
- New Audio Commentary by David Gerrold and David A. Goodman on "The Trouble With Tribbles"
- Inside the Roddenberry Vault (Part 1, 2 & 3)
- Star Trek: Revisiting a Classic
- Strange New Worlds: Visualizing the Fantastic
- Swept Up: Snippets from the Cutting Room Floor